About the terms
Access to and use of 'islandlife.info' and 'islandlife.org'both within the island of Guernsey and
internationally is provided by the ISLAND LIFE on the following terms:
1. By using islandlife.info or islandlife.org you agree to be bound by these terms, which
shall take effect immediately on your first use of islandlife.info/islandlife.org. If you do not agree to be
bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to
2. ISLAND LIFE may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms
regularly. Your continued use of islandlife.info and islandlife.org will be deemed acceptance of the updated or
amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website. If there is any conflict
between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on islandlife.info/islandlife.org (including
house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
Use of islandlife.org
3. You agree to use islandlife.info/islandlife.org only for lawful purposes, and in a way that
does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of
islandlife.info/islandlife.org. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to
any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within
4. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights
(registered and unregistered) in and on islandlife.info/islandlife.org and all content (including all
applications) located on the site shall remain vested in ISLAND LIFE or its licensors (which includes other
users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post,
broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use islandlife.info/islandlife.org content in
any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a
derivative work from any islandlife.org content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use
of islandlife.info/islandlife.org content requires the prior written permission of ISLAND LIFE.
5. The names, images and logos identifying ISLAND LIFE, or third parties and their products
and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of ISLAND LIFE and/or third parties.
Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark,
design right or copyright of ISLAND LIFE, or any other third party.
Contributions to ISLAND LIFE
6. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio)
with ISLAND LIFE you agree to grant to ISLAND LIFE, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it
wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for ISLAND LIFE services in
any media worldwide (including on ISLAND LIFE's site accessed by international users). In certain circumstance
ISLAND LIFE may also share your contribution with trusted third parties.
7. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive,
so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
8. In order that ISLAND LIFE can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is
your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any laws of the island of Guernsey, that you
have the right to give ISLAND LIFE permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the
consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are
9. We normally show your name with your contribution, unless you request otherwise, but for
operational reasons this is not always possible. ISLAND LIFE may need to contact you for administrative or
verification purposes in relation to your contribution, or in relation to particular projects. For full details
any local terms where applicable.
10. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws
when creating content you may share with ISLAND LIFE.
11. If you do not want to grant ISLAND LIFE the permission set
out above on these terms,
please do not submit or share your contribution to or
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
12. ISLAND LIFE is not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on
islandlife.info/islandlife.org or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible
through islandlife.info/islandlife.org. Any links to third party websites from islandlife.info/islandlife.org do
not amount to any endorsement of that site by ISLAND LIFE and any use of that site by you is at your own
13. Islandlife.info/islandlife.org content, including the information,
names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to ISLAND LIFE, its products and services (or to
third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis. To the extent permitted
by law, ISLAND LIFE excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law),
including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement,
compatibility, security and accuracy. ISLAND LIFE does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance
of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by ISLAND LIFE is correct
at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of ISLAND LIFE for any errors,
omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
14. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes ISLAND LIFE's liability for death or personal
injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, ISLAND LIFE shall not be liable for
any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or
otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of
opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any
indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of islandlife.info/islandlife.org
regardless of the form of action.
15. ISLAND LIFE does not warrant that functions available on islandlife.info/islandllife.org
will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that islandlife.info/islandlife.org or
the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility
to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy
your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
16. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by
reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent
and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and
deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
17. The failure or delay of ISLAND LIFE to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does
not waive ISLAND LIFE's right to enforce that right.
18. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the island
of Guernsey which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
Contacting ISLAND LIFE about these
P O Box 298,
St Peter Port,